Meet a Mum UK
As a guest you can only see a limited amount of the forum, so please log in or register to access all of our friendly forum

If you have problems, please email me on angel_eyez_xxx@hotmail.com
Meet a Mum UK
As a guest you can only see a limited amount of the forum, so please log in or register to access all of our friendly forum

If you have problems, please email me on angel_eyez_xxx@hotmail.com
Meet a Mum UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAMuk is a friendly forum for Mum's, Mum's-to-be & Future Mum's to chat in a friendly atmosphere and meet new mums near them.

HomeHome  new portal pagenew portal page  AVON STUFFAVON STUFF  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Our Facebook GroupOur Facebook Group  
Congratulations to Sarah, Liam & Josh
On the Birth Of Baby 
Leyla,
Born On 29th April at 12.48pm, weighing i at 8lb 12 3/4oz.
Both Mummy & Baby are doing well xx

Gingerbread group

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steph (admin)
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
Steph (admin)

Female
Number of posts : 15889
Job/hobbies : Advanced Avon Sales Leader
Mood : Gingerbread group Relaxed
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Gingerbread group Empty
PostSubject: Gingerbread group   Gingerbread group Empty25th September 2008, 1:18 pm

http://www.gingerbread.org.uk/index.htm
[/size]
Gingerbread is an organisation for Lone Parent Families. It was the largest membership organisation providing help for 1.8 million lone parents and their children throughout England and Wales. In May 2007 it merged with The National Council for One Parent Families.

The organisation Gingerbread was formed in 1970 by a lone mother in London – Tessa Fothergill – her marriage had recently broken down and she found being a lone parent such a struggle she decided to set up a self-help organisation. The Sunday Times featured an article on her and hundreds of parents in similar situations got in touch with her. This response gave birth to Gingerbread.

And the name? Tess lived near a restaurant called 'The Golden Age of Gingerbread' and felt that Gingerbread would make a good name.

• 'Ginger' for gingering up support or getting help from the authorities
• 'Bread' the money and resources one-parent families need to support themselves and each other.

Last edited by Steph (admin) on 29th August 2010, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.southportsteph.co.uk
CONISTON
Forum Member
Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 3
Mood : Gingerbread group Cheerful
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Gingerbread group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gingerbread group   Gingerbread group Empty7th November 2008, 7:52 am

I am a member of Gingerbread,great organization! they have meet ups and holidays and if you join you receive a brochure once in a while,giving you advice,cheaper holidays(where applicable) only problem i found was at the time of my registering to the group,we did`nt have a local group in Southport! still dont think we have,most London based ,i found,but situated all over the country,so i believe! when my son was young i was thinking about starting a group at my local church hall,i enquired at the church but i never took it further,wish i did now,but never had the time!. Theres an idea for someone out there!!! who has time on there hands cheers
Back to top Go down
Steph (admin)
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
Steph (admin)

Female
Number of posts : 15889
Job/hobbies : Advanced Avon Sales Leader
Mood : Gingerbread group Relaxed
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Gingerbread group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gingerbread group   Gingerbread group Empty13th November 2008, 2:42 pm

would be good if we could get someone to start a group up.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.southportsteph.co.uk
Sponsored content

Gingerbread group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gingerbread group   Gingerbread group Empty

Back to top Go down

Gingerbread group
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Meet a Mum UK :: Useful Contacts-
Jump to: